5443Appendix J: Meher Baba's Last Will and Testament
This is the Last Will and Testament of me, Merwan Sheriar Irani, otherwise known as Meher Baba, aged 73 years, at present residing at No. 24, Guruprasad, Bund Garden Road, Poona.
1. I hereby revoke all Wills and Codicils heretofore made by me.
2. I have executed a Declaration of Trust on 6th day of April 1959, in respect of property which is known as Avatar Meher Baba Trust. The persons who shall be the Trustees of the said Avatar Meher Baba Trust at the time of my demise, shall be the Executors and Trustees of this my Will.
3. The only immovable property owned and possessed by me, viz., Meherabad-on-Hill, near the village of Arangaon in the District of Ahmednagar, together with buildings, et cetera, thereon including my future tomb, has been irrevocably transferred and given possession of by me to the Trustees of Avatar Meher Baba Trust executed by me on the 6th day of April 1959, before the Sub-Registrar, Ahmednagar.
4. Excepting such copyrights as may have been specifically transferred by me during my physical life as has already been done by me in respect of my copyrights for my works
(1) God Speaks
(2) Listen, Humanity
(3) Life at its Best, and
(4) Beams on the Spiritual Panorama from Meher Baba which copyrights have been permanently gifted by me to the Sufism Reoriented Incorporation of California, U. S. A., I own copyrights in all my literary works, direct and indirect, published and unpublished, including my
"Maps," et cetera, as well as the copyrights already gifted to me and those that may be gifted to me in future by other writers who love me, and hereinafter collectively called "the copyrights."
5. As per my letter of confirmation dated the 4th day of February 1956, addressed to Adi K. Irani of Ahmednagar, I have allowed him temporarily to use, control and exploit the copyrights for his personal benefit during his lifetime on condition that after his demise the copyrights shall ipso facto remain solely my own and at my disposal or at the disposal of my legal representatives.
6. Subject to the said confirmation in favor of the said Adi K. Irani, I hereby grant, bequeath and assign unto the said Trustees of the said "Avatar Meher Baba Trust" all the copyrights TO HAVE AND TO HOLD the same unto the Trustees subject to the powers and provisions declared and contained in the said Declaration of Trust by me.
7. Some of my disciples in various parts of the world have bequeathed or some may hereafter bequeath to me legacies. I give devise and bequeath to the Trustees of the said Avatar Meher Baba Trust UPON THE TRUSTS mentioned in the said Declaration of Trust all the properly, tangible and intangible of or to which I shall be possessed or entitled at my death and property over which I shall then have testamentary power of appointment and the property so bequeathed to me as aforesaid (except the property hereby otherwise disposed of) with power to the said Trustees to sell, call in and convert into money all such parts of the same as shall not consist of money.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I, the said Merwan Sheriar Irani, have to this day my Will executed in triplicate set my hand this 17th day of June, One thousand nine hundred and sixty-seven.
Signed by the above Testator in the joint presence of us who in his presence and that of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses.
Signature M. S. Irani
Signature Mani S. Irani
Signature Eruch B. Jessawala
Dated: 17 June 1967